Tuesday 27 January 2009

Pregnancy support



Winner of the “Best pregnancy product of the year 2007” at the Practical Parenting Awards - the Dream Genii Support Pillow offers versatile support during and after pregnancy. Below is a testimonial from Julie, sharing her thoughts and experiences from using the pillow during her pregnancy;


I have used the pillow for the last 5 nights, I am 20 weeks pregnant with my third child and also have ankylosing spondylitis, 3 degenerative lumbar discs and to top it all I also have SPD. This pillow is fantastic! The first night I used it, I slept solid in one position for 4 hours! I only woke up because baby was tap dancing on my bladder! This is a record for me as I only used to last about an hour before having to change position due to discomfort. I am sleeping so much better and have now mastered the art of changing sides in one movement (sometimes in my sleep) and still remain comfortable. My husband is also sleeping better as I am a lot less fidgety and also less cranky through the day due to tiredness. It stops me rolling onto my back which is extremely uncomfortable for me and the support felt under my lower back and on my bump is such a relief when lying down.

My hips and pelvis are also a lot less painful when using the pillow which also makes a difference.

I also used to wake frequently up with a numb arm and pins and needles but that has not happened once since using the pillow.

I also use the pillow when I am at work in my office chair and also when I am relaxing at home, it's so versatile.

I will definitely be using it when I feed my baby as well.

As it's so comfortable at night I can see myself using this even once the pregnancy is over.

I only wish I had known about this product in my first two pregnancies.


- Julie