Tuesday 24 February 2009

Courtney’s pregnancy diary: Week 28

I’m writing this week from Amsterdam where I’ve been for the past 5 days, staying with my friend, Esther, and her family. (Esther also writes for Babyccino!) I thought I’d take advantage of my son’s half-term break from school and spend a week in one of my favorite cities. Esther has two kids who are the same ages as mine, so it has been fun for the kids… and of course wild (and somewhat exhausting) for the parents! Trying to get four kids out of the house is quite a task!

This week marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester for me. Less than 12 weeks to go now, which is crazy. I’m starting to feel a bit more tired lately, but I’m hoping it’s the traveling and not a new reality… though I know it’s inevitable that I’ll soon be exhausted and enormous! I think I’ve also felt a few Braxton Hicks contractions lately, especially after being really active. I don’t remembering having them in my previous pregnancies, but I think they say that these painless contractions can become more noticeable in subsequent pregnancies. For me it is yet another reminder of what’s to come in 12 short weeks.


-Courtney